designed for visual observing
type: 4045 / 4550 / 5055 (up to 12" dobs)
Price: 375€/pc (battery charger included)
- 60 min. tracking
- programmed tracking speed (star-speed)
- full automatical working (reset, and start tracking)
- build in compass and big spirit level for aligning
- beep feedback for all end positions, and actions
- electrical- and mechanical overrun protection
- adjustable feets
- low noise
- built-in battery
- easy to use
- weight less than 10 kg.
1. Top plate
2. Velcro for fix the top plate
3. Adjustable feet
4. Base plate
8. Limit sensor
9. Controller case
10. Bubble level
11. Drived wheel
14. Southern pivot
II. Controller case
1. Multifunction button
- short press for start/stop tracking or resetting
- long press (min. 2 seconds) for reset
- short ON, long OFF means waiting for start/stop button
- continuous ON means tracking
- long ON, short OFF means waiting for interrupt (start/stop button short press)
- equal ON, OFF means reset
3. DC connector for charging
- 2,5/5,5 dc connector
- middle pin is the "+"
4. ON/OFF switch
- slide right for switch ON
There are 2 device for alignment the platform for northern pole.
compass according to your observing location. You need to check, if is any
deviation between magnetic and geological north pole at your location.
is needed to set the spirit level according to northern latitude of your
observing location. The platform are developed for the middle of the using
4045 → 42.5°
4550 → 47.5°
5055 → 52.5°
With the adjustable feets it is possible to change the pole angle. To higher angle you need to lift the front feets of platform or sink the southern feet.
Now you can put the telescope onto the top of platform.
With the slide switch can be switched on the platform, then the platform will resetting itself. If it is done, the tracking will be startad automatically also.
At the end of tracking 3 short beep can be heard, and you have 12 sec before auto-reset. If you push the red button, the platform will not reset itself.
In this case you can start the resetting with long press of red button (min. 2s).
The sound feedback, and the auto-reset function can be switched off. For this you need to take out the control board. Pull down the connector at the rear side of controller unit. Remove the front plate of controller (4 screws), and pull out the board. With 2-pole DIP switch you can swith off the auto-reset function, and the sound feedback.
Is there one more setup possibility. If your mount is not rotatable easily, than you can increase the torque moment of motor, so the moving of mount will be not rotate the top plate of platform. Near to the heat sink you can see a small potentiometer. Rotate them ccw to increase the torque.